BHealthy at The Carmelo Anthony Youth Development Center: Wed., March 21st
Contact: Joy Yoo
(202) 797-4678 (o)
WHAT: Syracuse University’s (SU) Washington, DC headquarters’ in partnership with Living Classrooms Foundation host the “Bhealthy. Bfit. Bmore.” initiative at the Carmelo Anthony Youth Development Center
WHEN: Wednesday, March 21, 2012
WHERE: Carmelo Anthony Youth Development Center
1100 East Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
The “Bhealthy. Bfit. Bmore.” partnership is designed to encourage a positive, healthy lifestyle for kids from first to eighth grade who are enrolled at the youth center which is just one of the Living Classrooms locations. The children will receive sustainable health and exercise tips from a team of SU athletes and prominent individuals. Notable participants include (final lineup subject to change):
· Cathal Armstrong – celebrity chef, advisor to Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign
· Rochelle Coleman – former SU basketball player, Women’s European Basketball League
· Marvin Graves – former SU quarterback, Canadian Football League
· Herman Harried – former SU basketball player, European Basketball League
· Garland Hawkins – former SU football player, Chicago Bears
· Duane Kinnon – former SU football player, former President & Executive Director of Boys & Girls Clubs of Syracuse, NY
· Jason Yoo – former U.S. National Tae Kwon Do Team member & Olympic alternate
4:00 – 6:00 p.m.: Kids rotate through four stations: general fitness; basketball; Tae Kwon Do/self-defense; and food nutrition.
Media interested in attending the Bhealthy event must R.S.V.P. to Joy Yoo at email@example.com or 202-797-4678 by
5 p.m. March 20.
Media opportunities are available upon request.