College Savings Plans of Maryland :: September is College Savings Month
(BALTIMORE - September 11, 2012) - With September comes new back packs, new teachers, new clothes, and another year closer to college. Not only is September back to school time, it’s also College Savings Month. Consider celebrating college savings month by adding “Open a college savings plan” to your school supply list.
The College Savings Plans of Maryland is an easy, affordable and smart way to save for your child's education at nearly any college in the nation. Starting to save now, or contributing more to your account, could mean borrowing less in the future. We offer two distinct and flexible plans that will help you accomplish your goals and help give your child a head start. Also, they’re the only 529 plans that offer a Maryland State income deduction for Maryland taxpayers.
Maryland Prepaid College Trust lets you save for tomorrow’s tuition at today’s prices. Enrollment in the Prepaid College Trust is open from December 1 – April 8, 2013. However, newborns can be enrolled at anytime.
Maryland College Investment Plan is managed by T. Rowe Price and offers a variety of investment portfolios for you to use to save for college. Enrollment is open year round.
There are a number of ways you can celebrate College Savings Month:
• Make a contribution to your account with one of our Gift Contribution Slips
• Learn more about the details of the plans that we offer by watching our prerecorded webinar.
• Open an Account today
• Download the Back to School edition of our newsletter.
• Share information with a friend or family member by sending a Tell-a-Friend e-mail.
• Watch our FAQ videos to help answer any questions or clear up any misconceptions that you may have.
• Join our e-mail list to periodically receive our newsletter and important information about saving for college.