Maryland Office on Aging :: Innovations in Aging :: Job Fair :: FREE Expo
Free Events! for the Public
Job Fair l Expo l Consumer Education Workshops
The general public will have many opportunities to experience Innovations in Aging 2012! Come to the Job Fair, Expo Exhibit Hall, and Consumer Education Workshops. All are free and open to the public. The Expo will include live entertainment, demonstrations, special guest speakers, and vendors.
Advance registration is not required, but highly suggested. Consumer Education Workshops are available on a first come, first seated basis.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
FREE Job Fair l 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
We are calling all job seekers to come for a FREE job fair! Come with your resume in hand and be prepared to speak with prospective employers. Do not miss this wonderful opportunity.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Expo Exhibit Hall l 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
FREE Expo: A hall filled with exhibits, vendors, interactive health and wellness activities, cooking demonstrations, entertainment, exercise classes and more.
No need to register...just come and be a part of one of the most exciting events for the senior citizen adult community!
Vendor Village offers 100 exhibitors and vendors to browse and receive free gifts, samples and unique experiences. Chock full of information and door prizes!
On the Main Stage enjoy the “Showcase of Nations” featuring a wide variety of exciting performers, acts and demonstrations including entertainment from around the world; Cinco de Mayo tribute, Polynesian dancers, Bollywood dancers, 100 voice chorale, cooking demonstration, Japanese dancers, African Dancers, surprise entertainment and more!
“Bustin’ Loose!” on the Floor Stage will feature interactive movement and exercises classes to help stay healthy including Line Dancing Class, Tai Chi / Qigong, Latin / Salsa Class, Body Resistance Training, Zumba Gold Fitness®, a Line Dance demonstration by the Harmony Hall Line Dancers and much more!
“Shout!”is an intimate stage setting and will feature storytelling, comedy, poetry and more!
“Age is An Attitude” are card tables arranged in the exhibition hall where patrons can take in a hand or two of Bridge, Bid Whist, Mah Jong, Pinochle and more while listening to music and entertainment throughout the day.
Also on Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Free Consumer Education Workshops at a Glance:
- Advice for Older Job Seekers
- Why Wait? The Baby Boomer’s Guide to Assisting Parents with End of Life Decisions
- Get the Right Information, Right Now!
- Reserve Maryland: A Winning Match for Civic Engagement
- You’ve Earned a Say (YEAS)
- Communications Solutions through Maryland Relay
- Be Part of the Solution: Starting a Mental Health Discussion Group
- Medicare Fraud: What Everyone Should Know
- Decide Create Share: Planning for Long Term Care
- When Alzheimer’s Touches Your Life: Where to Turn
- Helping Seniors Take Control of Energy Costs
- Using Assistive Technology to Support Aging in Place
- Medicare Preventive Services under the Affordable Care Act
- Ten Common Nutrition Mistakes that Sabotage Healthy Aging
A Sample of Saturday's