TODAY: BaltimoreLINK Training Event for Baltimore Students, Families, and Staff

MTA MDOT launched BaltimoreLINK, a redesign of the core bus service, on June 18th, after the end of the 2016-2017 school year. The Baltimore Transit Equity Coalition (BTEC) is concerned that many students may not be aware of the changes that could impact them on their first days of school. To assure that students depending on MTA MDOT are aware of the changes, the Baltimore Transit Equity Coalition approached MTA MDOT to collaborate on an event focused on educating the 25,000+ transit-dependent students and staff in Baltimore’s public and charter schools who will return to school on September 5th, 2017

Working with MDOT MTA and joined by the Baltimore Algebra Project, BTEC coordinated an effort to plan a city-wide event scheduled for August 31st, 2017 at 6:00 pmat Frederick Douglass High School Auditorium (2301 Gwynns Falls Pkwy) providing detailed LINK navigation training with maps, schedules, and the opportunity for one-on-one discussions with MDOT MTA representatives. All Baltimore school students, families, and staff are urged to attend the event. Doors open at 5:30 pm for early sign-in.
Parking will be available on site, but for those looking to arrive via transit, Douglass High School is directly accessible via the CityLink Navy and LocalLinks 26, 29, 79, and 82. The school is also located a short walk from the Mondawmin Metro Station which is accessible via CityLinks Yellow, Lime, and Navy and LocalLinks 22, 26, 29, 79, 82, 83, 85, and 91. If you cannot be in attendance on Thursday, the MDOT MTA has developed an interactive webpage to help you learn more about the supplemental service they provide to help students get to their respective schools.
More information can be found here:https://mta.maryland.gov/schools (A community service from the Baltimore Transit Equity Coalition (MoreTransitEquity.com and Facebook) tel. 443-692-7537 Call or find us online. Tell us your experiences with Baltimore’s transit options.)

bmorenews
Profile photo of bmorenews