The 28th Annual Kunta Kinte Heritage Festival returns to commemorate 250 years since Kunta Kinte’s arrival in Annapolis! The festival will be held on Saturday, September 23, 2017, 10:00am – 7:00pm at Susan Campbell Park at the Annapolis City Dock for another exciting year of cultural celebration for everyone to enjoy!
* Main Stage and Community Stage featuring live music performances and dance demonstrations all day!
* Delicious cuisine by world food vendors and food trucks!
* Arts & crafts vendors selling unique and handmade wares!
* Education & community organizations providing important information and connections!
* Children’s Activity Tent sponsored by Chesapeake Children’s Museum will feature goats and chickens!
The festival is a free event for all ages. Since September 1987, the festival continues to be a historical occasion for people from all walks of life to come together and celebrate the cultural heritage of people of African descent.
Free parking can be found at the Calvert Street Garage at 19 St. Johns Street, Annapolis, MD.
For more information or if you are interested in becoming a vendor, sponsor, or volunteer, please visit www.kuntakinte.org.