(BALTIMORE – December 6, 2018) – In just 5 days, Bmorenews.com will celebrate its 16th Anniversary at Baltimore Visitor Center located at 401 Light Street. Scheduled for Tuesday, December 11, 2018 (6 to 8 pm), dozens of entrepreneurs and business people will convene for the “Sweet 16” event at the Inner Harbor facility to highlight the journey of Baltimore-based news outlet Bmorenews. Special guests include Maryland Lt. Gov. Boyd Rutherford and Charles Jeffers, COO of Visit Baltimore.
RSVP to https://bmorenews16.eventbrite.com.
The event will feature the Joe Manns Black Wall Street Awards. Honorees include Nika Watkins, MBA.
Who is Nika?
Nika Watkins a senior-level communications professional with over 20 years of combined experience in the fields of Public Relations, Marketing, Media, Branding, Social Media, Market Area Management, Event Production, and Sales. She is a graduate of Morgan State University
with a Bachelor’ Degree in Public Relations. She also has a Master’s in Business Management from American Continental University in Atlanta, GA.
Nika’s most recent project was working with All Walks of Life, LCC, a mental Health facility in Baltimore, MD. While contracted, Nika provided digital, marketing, social media and public relations services. One of the main projects Nika worked on is Camp Impact the company’s
summer program designed for youth ages 14-17. Partnered with the Baltimore City Youth Works program, Camp Impact is a 6-week program that introduced students to functional life skills, exposed them to educational and cultural experiences, and promoted the importance of
community service. The largest community outreach project for Camp Impact 2018 was creating a drop and read area at Forth Worthington Elementary/Middle School. With guidance from an experienced local artist, Camp Impact created a beautiful reading themed mural that the
campers themselves painted.
In 2016, Nika became the Public Relations Manager/Technical Writer at Keller Foundations a global Geotechnical engineering firm. While there, Nika generated content such as press releases, company stories for newsletters, and technical documents including; business proposals, reports, user manuals, presentations, functional descriptions, technique specifications, guidelines, project summaries, and other written materials.
Prior to Keller, Nika was contracted as the National Public Relations Manager at Maryland Public Television (MPT) for the national broadcast television series MotorWeek that appears on PBS stations, Velocity, and V-me. While there Nika managed public relations along with all the digital
content and social media platforms used to market and promote the series. One of the largest projects in this role was planning and coordinating the annual Drivers’ Choice Awards held in Chicago, during the Chicago Auto Show. During her tenure at Maryland Public Television, Nika
increased the YouTube monthly viewership from averaging 300,000 per month to 1.9 million per month. Nika also maintained a steady increase in website hits, engagements on all social media platforms and online viewership. Television viewership was increased as well.
Throughout her career, Nika has provided public relations and production services to several projects in the field of entertainment using her her company Fire and Ice Public Relations.
Past Projects Include:
• Enter the 36 Chambers of the Wu-Tang Clan Reunion Tour DC (2018)
• Bowie Boxing Series (2018)
• American Kidney Fund – Kidney Action Day (2018)
• American Kidney Fund – Calendar Kids Contest (2018)
• We Will Survivor Cancer Charity Fundraiser (2017-2018)
• Shabazz Brotherz Boxing Events (2016-2018)
• Showtime Championship Boxing at the MGM National Harbor (2017)
• Fashion For Fighters Gala for Navy Safe Harbor (2017)
• Spike TV private screening for Time: The Kalief Browder Story (2017)
• Baltimore Boxing Renaissance (2015-2016)
• Carpenter House 10 Year Anniversary Gala (2016)
• Baltimore Family Reunion Expo (2014-2016)
• Writer’s Wrap featuring recording artist Brave, Estelle, B.O.B, Traci Braxton (2015-2016)
• Steve Francis Foundation Gala (2015)
• The African American Festival (2012-2014, 2016)
• Fashion Awards of Maryland (2013-2014)
• DC Loves Dilla (2014)
• Pan African Festival (2014)
• Mixology DJ Conference (2012-2014)
• Association of Black Cardiologist Gala (2012-2013)
• Direct Drive Record Pool with DTLR (2010-2013)
• Suited to Succeeds Suit-A-Palooza Gala (2012)
• The Mario Do Right Foundation (2012-2014)